Monday 25 May 2015

A starting point.

It hasn't been the most productive of weeks. However, I have been brainstorming and decided on a starting point.

Whilst researching into different cuisines I began thinking about British food and how it's stereotyped. It's not all tea and crumpets. Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland all have very different cuisines and lots of different styles of cooking. So, this week I will be looking into various British foods.

Here are some VERY rough sketches from this week.

The fruit bowl.


Some brainstorming.

Some kitchen utensils.

I started by drawing every kitchen utensil I could think of. This got me to thinking about what tools are used to cook certain styles of food. And how universal some cooking instruments are and how they haven't really changed for centuries.

My aim this week was to try and draw everything I ate. Unfortunately this failed but I did manage to draw mostly food related objects.
The beginnings of a mind map.

Dishes.


Animals/meat/protein.



Here are some unrelated illustrations from this week.




 These are a few drawings from life where I have tried to study movement.






                                                                                    Ionawr Betsan

No comments:

Post a Comment